(recipe adapted from titlisbusykitchen.com)
Yield: 8 serving
1 kg ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
5 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 red bell pepper
2 jalapeno pepper
2 Tbsp plain flour
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp chilli powder
500 g red kidney beans
100 mL sour cream
30 g chives, chopped
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Boil in salt water until tender.
- Brush peppers with oil and roast in oven at 400 F for 10 minutes. Cool and chop.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sweat onions and garlic.
- Add ground beef. Cook until brown.
- Singer with flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, peppers, and spices.
- Add 300 mL of water.
- Bring to boil. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Add beans to chili.
- Serve in bowl. Garnish with sour cream and chives.